Good question. What is blocking your home business success? Maybe you’re thinking the reason you can’t get out of the daily grind, and start your own gig is that you don’t have the right tools, knowledge, experience or business smarts.
Yep, that stuff is important. But if your mindset is wrong, all the best tools, and resources all the money in the world doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. Because without the correct mindset, you’ll never find the success you’re looking for.
So keep that in mind, while we explore some of the most common mistakes that a messed up mindset can cause that will hold you back from achieving your goals in life.
Don’t Listen To Negative People
Yeh negative people, DON’T listen to them.
It sure would be nice if all your friends and family were positive folks that supported you completely, unfortunately that’s sometimes not the case. Instead, what you find is that these people focus on the weakness of your past, because they don’t want to see you get hurt, so they end up being nay-saying, negative people. Avoid people who focus on your weakness (your past) instead of your dream.
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”Jim Rohn
“Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by others doing it”.James Baldwin
It’s bad enough when strangers ridicule your dreams and laugh at them. It’s another thing entirely when someone you care about does it to you. It hurts. It can make you second guess your plans to start your own business. Yes, it can trash those plans altogether.
Now see that’s only if you let these negative nellies get to you. If you can get past their negative B.S., then you’ll be one step closer to your goals.
Believe in Yourself
It’s bad enough when other people don’t believe in your ideas or doubt your plans. But when that negative voice belongs to you, you might as well hang it up. If you pay close attention, you might hear that little guy with the horns, that sits on your left shoulder saying:
- This will never work.
- Who am I kidding?
- Why am I wasting my time?
- I don’t know what I’m doing.
- I can’t do this.
Before you can shut him up, you have to learn to hear him. He’s probably been droning on incessantly for quite a while. You’ve just learned to keep it in the background.
Once you can hear him shut him up. Ask that little fella with the wings on your right shoulder To yell over him and say things like
- This WILL work, I’ve done the research I’ve got this.
- I’m smart, I’m experienced, I will do this.
- This is NOT a waste of time. This is a good idea.
- I know exactly what I’m doing AND I have a plan.
- I can do this, I want to do this, I WILL do this.
Get in the habit of listening for that little devil on your shoulder. When he starts spewing negativity and self doubt, puff up your chest and shout him down. Soon enough he’ll stop talking and you can get on with your plans and dreams.
Fear Is Holding You Back
When you really break it down fear is the biggest thing holding you back. It could be anything. Fear of failure, success, being judged, tiny birds, maybe an overwhelming fear of the unknown. For some people sticking with the familiar is like a warm blanket hug, that they would throw away their dreams to keep.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.”Nelson Mandela
This is just a fact at some point in life you are going to be afraid. But if you’re going to achieve your goals and succeed, you have to learn to understand and cope with your fear. Here’s some things you need to understand about fear.
- If it doesn’t have the possibility to kill you, you can most likely ignore it.
- The more you fear the more afraid you’ll be.
- Most fear is based on lack. I can’t, I don’t, etc.
Better yet, learn to overcome your fear and use it to your advantage.
Here’s 5 things that might help.
- Start small. You don’t have to, and maybe shouldn’t face a fear all at once. If you’re afraid to leave the house, start by just opening the door and looking outside.
- Write it down. Making a list of your fears is great. If you know them you can overcome them.
- Have faith. Remember fear grows on itself. Having faith that all will be fine, allows you to nip that cycle in the bud.
- Accept what happens. (or doesn’t). Here’s the thing if it’s not going to kill you, you got this.
- Let go. Letting go of fear can be hard. It’s stepping into the unknown and dropping that warm blanket of familiarity that you think is keeping you safe.
Learning to overcome fear is an essential skill. You have to get past fear to push through hesitations, achieve your goals, and create the kind of life you want.
The Victim Mindset
It’s a tendency to blame your misfortunes on somebody else’s actions. Bad things happen and will keep happening. Other people or circumstances are to blame. Any efforts to change will fail, so there’s no point in trying.
My life sucks because I can’t do this’ or get that, this person doesn’t like me, that person is holding me back. Unless you’re an actual victim of physical or mental abuse, CHANGE THAT MINDSET. It won’t get you anywhere.
If this is you here are some tips
Break free of the victim mindset.
- Own your wants and needs. Figure out what’s important to you. Name it, and make it happen. Take responsibility for your own needs and wants.
- Just say “no.” If you don’t want to do something and don’t (realistically) have to do it, don’t do it.
- Stop blaming. Turn your attention away from your blaming thoughts.
- Understand, no one is stealing your power. You’re giving it away.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Help others. It’s almost impossible to stay in the “poor me” mindset when you do this.
- Practice gratitude. Instead of focusing on what you don’t have, try focusing on what you do. You’ll be surprised how much this helps.
- List the ways you can change the bad situation. It’s hard to feel like a victim when you’re listing positive changes.
- Try to listen without putting yourself in the way.
- Learn to forgive.
When you play the victim, you’re deciding to hold onto bitterness and anger. That only hurts YOU!
Let’s Wrap This Up
Will You Choose Success?
You may not even realize that it’s a choice, and that you can make that choice right now.
You can choose to be fearful, to listen to negative people, to self doubt, and play the victim. You can choose to keep doing what you’ve been doing… which means you’ll keep getting what you’ve been getting.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result”.Albert Einstein
You can choose success right now. You can choose more fun, more excitement and more money as your dreams come true. If you tweak your mindset so that you’re ready to handle whatever life throws at you, if you choose success, fear melts away, self doubt disappears, negative people don’t affect you, and it’s almost impossible to have a “poor me” attitude. You find yourself excited and motivated every day to get up and work on your business.
So how do you make these sorts of mindset tweaks? Simple, you go right here now! Get the right mindset, and nothing can you hold you back. Find out for yourself by checking out the link right now.
Leave a comment below if you have suggestions for my next blog post or any questions regarding online income. I’ve got many more interesting articles coming out soon and I love to help!
One last thing, if you really want home business success here is a good place to start
Find Your Freedom